Classical - Part 1 1. Salamander: Although this species of Urodela (amphibians with a lizard-like appearance) is certainly real, the classical civilizations believed they had occult properties. For instance, although Pliny the elder was smart enough to distinguish the Salamander from actual lizards (in a taxonomical sense), he also held a belief that they could extinguish fire with their bodies. The Talmud (a Jewish Rabbinic text) states that smearing yourself in the blood of a salamander will make you immune from fire, and some believed that the creature was so poisonous that just by climbing around a tree it would poison its fruit so badly that anyone who ate even a single bite would perish immediately. 2. Faun: Half human and half goat, the Faun of classical mythology is often related to the wood-god Pan. Sometime...
மரணம் ஏற்படுவதை யாராவது முன் கூட்டியே கணித்துக் கூற முடியுமா, அது சாத்தியம் தானா? நிச்சயமாக முடியாது என்பதுதான் நமது பதிலாக இருக்கும். சகலமும் அறிந்த ஜோதிடர்கள் கூட இந்த விஷயத்தில் சற்று தடுமாறத்தான் செய்வர். ஆனால் ஒருவரது மரணத்தை முன் கூட்டியே கணிப்பது மட்டுமல்ல; அவர் இறக்கும் வரை அவர் அருகிலேயே இருந்து அவரை வழியனுப்பி வைத்து விட்டு வருகிறது ஒரு பூனை என்றால் உங்களால் நம்ப முடிகிறதா? ஆனால் அதுதான் உண்மை. அந்த அமானுஷ்யப் பூனையின் பெயர் ‘ஆஸ்கர்’ அமெரிக்காவின் நியூ இங்கிலாந்து பகுதியில் உள்ள ஒரு நகரம்தான் ரோடே ஐலண்ட். இங்கு ஸ்டீரே என்ற இடத்திலுள்ள முதிய நோயாளிகளுக்கான மருத்துவ மற்றும் உயர் சிகிச்சைப் பாதுகாப்பு மையம் மிகவும் புகழ் பெற்றது. அல்சீமர், பக்கவாதம், பர்கின்சன் போன்ற பல நோய்களால் பாதிக்கப்பட்ட பல நோயாளிகள் இங்கு தங்கி சிகிச்சை பெற்று வருகின்றனர். இங்குதான் ஒரு சிறிய குட்டியாக வந்து சேர்ந்தது அமானுஷ்யப் பூனை ஆஸ்கர். முதலில் அதன் செயல்பாடுகளை யாரும் கவனிக்கவில்லை. அது ஒரு சாதாரணப் பூனை என்றே அனைவரும் எண்ணிக் கொண்டிருந்தனர். ஆனால் ப்ரௌன் யுனிவர்சிடியைச் சார்...
I n moments I was heading down the snowy drive, south toward my home (which had been hopefully put back together). I pushed the pace, mesmerized by the snow, and tried to decide what to do next. The thug Ramos had stolen some second- generation interview footage from me, but now I had a tape of something a lot more interesting. When I pulled into my street, the time was just past eleven and I was thinking about calling Lou, or Steve, or both. But then I saw something odd. A woman was walking down the steps from the lobby of my building, a woman I recognized from somewhere. Her hair was tangled and she was wearing black jeans and a black sweater. It took a second before I finally processed the fact it was Carly Grove. And she seemed frantic. I assumed she’d come in a cab, but she had my home phone number, so why would she come over if I didn't answer? New Yorkers don't just drop in. A social no-no. Maybe the reason had something to do with how she looked...
Comments
Post a Comment